Friday, 11 June 2010

A Swap for all Seasons, to Lou




My parcel to Australia for the swap has now arrived safely so I can show you:
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue:



These are the things I made for my partner in the swap



who is Lou in Queensland, Australia.  Lou is a nurse, loves shabby chic, is an expert paper crafter and has taught her crafts.  I found she likes the same things as me.

I made Lou a silk painted neck scarf of carnations in her favourite colours pink/aqua.  It is bigger than the ones I have done before so challenged me a bit.



That was the something new, then something blue:

that's the lavender cushion I made her, I painted butterflies
on silk for this one and then made the back with a vintage linen hanky I found in a thrift shop.  I had stuffed with lavender but had to remove as Australian postal rules state no dried seeds/pot pourri, grrrr ... hope Lou can fill the bag from her end.


I used decorative trim, a bead and ribbon to finish so it will hang from a coat hanger.
Then a couple of purchases - the something borrowed was a vintage style heart found in a tea room near me and it is the same as the one on my dresser which I love, see..... hence 'borrowed'.  I was so surprised to see one the same and knew it was just right.

I can't tell you how much fun it has been doing this swap.  Lou has alreaady sent me the most beautiful necklace that I posted about  and is busy finishing another item for the swap at the moment so will show you later.  Lou is really unwell at the moment - have a restful weekend Lou and get well soon, sending healing thoughts your way. xxx

6 comments:

  1. All beautiful. The scarf is so pretty.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever, what lovely goodies. I'm sure she will love them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Lou! Everything is really pretty and lovely and hopefully will go towards making Lou feel a little better - well done Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarf is so beautiful, and so are the other gifts you have sent. I'm sure Lou will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks gorgeous...especially the scarf -

    Have a good weekend - xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What goodies! Love that sparkly brooch--wonky or not. You did a fabulous job. ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.